Saturday, May 19, 2012

With a Blank

Dear Fellow Dreamer,

It's been quite a while since I wrote to you last. When I try to write, sometimes I just come up with blanks. Like there's not much I can say. Or I just don't know what to say.

Well, here I am, again. Coming up with a blank. Sometimes I think something cool will just pop up in a blog post that I am writing. (Which is mostly wishful thinking. But, I am a dreamer, correct? Si. Correct. So, I will continue to write, I suppose.)

Dear friend, I do love writing, really and truly. It's one of my favorite things! And as Anne would say, It's a very 'romantic' idea.

Writing is a form of immortality. (So long as it's meant to be.) And, every part of language and writing, no matter what is being written, has a part of history to it. <These words are part of my past, my history. Cool, huh?

No? Well, I think it is. Pretty sweet to know that in a world that is so afraid of being forgotten, we will all be remembered in some way by someone, somewhere. (Or did that just sound cooler in my head? It's possible.)

(Sudden subject change! Bam!)

I'm constantly thinking of ways to improve myself, to accomplish something in this crazy life. My dear, change is hard. A song that I love, 'Til We Go' by Clara C, states that, "Change is the only constant we'll ever know..." It's true.

I find that the only constant in my life, is the Gospel. (And the love from my family, of course. They're amazing. I don't know how they do it-love me, for the crazy girl I am. But, I know that I love them and would do anything for them.) My Heavenly Father has been there for me, through, literally, thick and thin. He has listened to my complaints, hopes, dreams, worries, heartaches, and has always answered my prayers. (Whether I was listening, or refusing, to hear the merciful whispers, or the comforting, encouraging, shouts of love that were said in answer to prayers said before, there has always been an answer. Sometimes, I just get too stubborn and impatient to listen. Which, I realize soon afterwords, has been completely silly of me.) He's there. He listens and loves.

Christ. Jesus Christ. My older brother...what a wonderful example. I imagine Him to be watching the story of my life unfold, and saying, "I know, little sis, it hurts now but, it will get better soon. Just you wait. Great things are in store for you. Don't give up. I love you. I'm right here with you." It's crazy to know that He has felt all I have felt. Whew. What a crazy whirlwind. And what an Amazing older brother. I just want to give him a big hug! He went through all of that for me...for everyone I love, or don't know here...for everyone. I'm grateful for Him.

(haha. This is going to sound very strange but, when I re-read that last line, I thought of the little green men from Toy Story saying, "You saved our lives. We are eternally grateful." Silly thought but, true, nonetheless! :) )

I'm still trying to understand more of the Book of Mormon and the rest of the works but, I know the doctrine in them are true. I'm learning. Everyday. I'm going to try harder, though. If I plan on going on a mission next year, I need to be as prepared as I can to help those people and to learn more for myself. I'm no where near as ready as I feel I should at this point but, I'm trying. I have a lot to learn.

Well, I've written for...nearly over an hour now...wow.

It's not much, but it's my much. :)

Thanks for letting me ramble out my rambling thoughts to you, if you made it this far! And part of my ever growing testimony of the Gospel.

You are important, wonderful, brilliant, beautiful, talented, and loved. The way you are.

Keep loving, serving, dancing crazily, singing at the top of your lungs for no particular reason, laughing, and ever dreaming!

Sincerely,

Me (.^_^.)

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Erin! You are doing great! Keep it up! You can do anything you put your mind to! I know it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete